Sunday 31 January 2016

January Beauty Favourites 2016

It's been a long time since I last posted and so much has happened between now and then! (Happy really belated New Year!) I can not believe that Christmas was like 5 weeks ago, where has that time gone?! I tried out so many new products in January that I either got for Christmas or have picked up through the month so I thought I'd put them all in a favourites post. Enjoy! 

Box of January Favourites




Decleor Phytopeel Exfoliating Cream (£27.50): I went to a spa a few weeks ago for a facial and this was one of the products used on me. This is such a good exfoliator which should be used once or twice a week. I use it on a Sunday evening and then during the week I use my Clarins exfoliator. My skin really feels refreshed after using this and I would definitely recommend it if you've got sensitive skin.



Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream (£42): Okay, first thing's first, IT'S PINK! Clarins recently changed the formula from this and it's now pink which basically means it's amazing anyway, but this cream has really hydrated my skin.

Clarins Lip & Contour Balm (£31): This lip balm is really hydrating and I love the liquid-type texture of the cream. I often have chapped and dry lips, so I find that putting this balm on just before I go to bed really gives them that extra help for some shine and hydration.



Elegant Touch Brush On Nail Glue (£3.09) & Primark Nails (£1): A friend recommended the Primark nails to me and I thought I'd give them a go over the weekend seeing as they literally only cost a pound. The verdict? These nails are hella good. Despite the fact that I'm a first timer at putting nails on so I don't really know how to apply the glue, they've lasted so well. One of the nails fell off due to my lack of glue on there, so in the emergency I had to buy some more glue whilst I was out. I bought the Elegant Touch brush on glue purely due to the ease of it and it's so good and really strong! 



Model's Own Blending Sponges (£7.99): I have a huge aversion to using brushes for foundation as I find they make it look quite streaky unless I use a buffing brush so these sponges are a more in budget alternative for the popular 'Beauty Blender' that you've probably heard of. These sponges really work in the foundation/concealer and make it look natural. I still do tend to use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (£9.99) to buff after using the sponge though. 





bareMinerals Complete Coverage Serum Concealer (£22): Once again, I'm so fair skinned which means it can be hard to find a perfect colour match from brands like Rimmel or Maybelline so I gave bareMinerals a go and the colour match is perfect and blends so well into my foundation, also covering up dark circles so well.




Benefit Moisture Face Cream (£29.50 - 48.2g): my pot is the tester size as it came out of my Benefit Advent Calendar, but when it's empty I'll definitely be buying the larger pots. My skin can get really dry, especially in the winter, and this cream makes my skin so smooth and moisturised, it's perfect. 

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (£7.99): these strips are a bit on the pricey side considering you only get 6 in a pack but honestly they're worth the money and you only have to use them once a week. As gross as it sounds, they really pull out all the grime and dirt from your pores and remove blackheads so easily by acting like a magnet. 





Clarins Fix' Make Up (£23): this is a setting spray for makeup and it really makes my makeup last a long time, especially if I've paired it with my Rimmel Primer (£5.99).







Clarins One-Step Exfoliating Cleanser (£20.50): As mentioned earlier on, I use this during the week, usually every other day and use my Decleor exfoliator at the weekend. The Clarins one has orange extract in and is so refreshing to use, leaving my skin really soft as well. It's so quick to apply and then wash off so it's perfect if you're particularly lazy like me!




MAC Matte Lipstick in MEHR (£15.50): I was looking for a fairly neutral yet not completely nude lipstick shade so popped into MAC for some advice. The woman was so helpful and found this shade which is perfect for me as I'm so fair skinned too. I've been wearing this pretty much every day I go out and absolutely love it! It's also extremely long lasting and can actually last for hours.
I hope you enjoyed reading this and that you've seen some products you might be interested in! Let me know if you buy or already have any of the products mentioned and how you're getting on with them! Have a lovely week x

No comments:

Post a Comment