Monday 19 January 2015

Product Review: No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush

Happy Monday! I haven't done any product reviews as of yet and I see so many other bloggers doing them and I so want to get in on all the reviewing action!

For my first review blog, I wanted to focus on the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush which I have been loving ever since I opened it on Christmas Day. It's an electronic cleanser that is designed to exfoliate and cleanse the skin as well as removing oils which is perfect if you have oily skin as too many oils can cause acne. I've been using this for about a month now, and so far I'm loving it as it's working wonders to making my skin feel soft. I'm usually extremely lazy with cleansing my face which is really awful, I know, but having this has actually created a cleansing routine and I use it every other night purely because it can be harsh on your skin and over using could cause skin damage in the long term. Using it is almost fun in a way? And I'm sure if you have one of these, you know exactly what I'm on about.


When I found out how much the Cleansing Brush costed, I was pleasantly surprised. I've only ever heard about Clarasonic before which is an electronic brush that does exactly the same job as the No7 one, however the Clarasonic prices were extortionate considering they do the same as the cheaper Boots alternative. The cheapest cleanser brush that Clarisonic sell costs £99.99 whereas this No7 brush only costs £24.95. The only issue with it being so cheap is that it sells quickly and as far as I'm aware at the moment, it's completely sold out although I'm sure they'll be putting more on the website due to such a high demand at the moment. 

Another thing absolutely to die for about it, is that after you've used it, moisturiser applies much more smoothly and if you use it in the morning, it also makes it easier to blend in foundation because at that point, your skin is pretty much an even surface. It's got a nice curved shape to it which enables you to hold it with a firm grip yet not be uncomfortable while doing so. 

Whilst this product makes my skin feel silky smooth and soft after I use it, I do have to confess that I feel as though there are a few faults with the product. The manual advises you to change Brush Heads (£8) every 3-4 months however even in one month I can see that the brushes are fraying more quickly than I'd imagined they would. I've seen from a  couple of YouTube videos that they use their brushes as and when they feel as though their skin needs cleansing and refreshing, however, I believe that having an uneven routine allows for skin to develop more oils and more grease due to it not being prevented.  I feel as though this should be used every other night or every two nights to maintain clean and fresh skin.

Another shame with this product is that it is quite harsh on the skin and if you have sensitive skin, I would probably recommend that you don't use this product as it can be harsh and I have noticed a couple of times that my skin does go a bit red after use. But as they say... beauty is pain, right?!

Overall, I would have to say that I am pleased with this product and the cleansing it's done for my skin. As soon as Boots put more on the website, I highly recommend that you go and buy one! Also, remember guys this isn't just a female product - we're all prone to getting the odd spot and gadgets like this are essential to keep our skin looking pristine.

Have a lovely week everybody x

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant, brilliant review Sophie, so pleased this has worked out well for you and gthink your review will definitely help others who are considering purchasing one of these x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just have to save up my pennies (pun slightly intended) to buy this!! I can see above that you've already been nominated, but I have nominated you for the Liebster award on Polka Dot Penny - maybe you could do some of my questions and some of Elise's? Penny xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me - my Liebster post is now up on my blog if you wanted to check it out x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! My Liebster post is now up on my blog x

    ReplyDelete