Monday 23 February 2015

Prosser's Diner Review!

So in my town, a new American themed diner has opened up called "Prosser's Diner". It opened in January and I literally was so excited when I saw it under construction and found out was what going to be opening there. They've been so so busy and it seems as though everyone in the area wants to take a visit to the new diner in Downtown Hoddesdon!
Prosser's has been extremely popular and my mum and I finally got a chance to go there for lunch on Friday. I've been waiting to visit an American Diner for soooooo long and this is pretty much on my doorstep and could not be any more convenient! Anyway, I thought I'd give you guys a review if any of you in the local area were planning on visiting (which you definitely should)!

As soon as we walked in, it was like being transported to a proper retro - style diner. The layout was to perfected 'to a tee', the design of the place was immaculate and most of all, the aromas were the most beautiful thing a foodie like me could ever experience. To add to the atmosphere, a strategically placed life size Elvis Presley was 'chilling' by the bar side and the retro Jukebox also added a touch of absolute awesomeness to the place!  (Photo below has been taken from their Facebook page.)
I ordered a 'Plain Old Dawg' for my meal and it came with 'Lanky Fries' which honestly were the best chips I've ever tasted. I'm not one for the thick type of chips, so when I saw these coming out towards me, it was like heaven on a plate. Not to mention, it tasted like it too. The food was served hot, but not too hot to eat and it was literally all cooked to perfection.  
The time it took for the food to come out was a bit slower than I imagined but, boy, was it worth the wait. They cook all their food fresh at every order hence the lengthy waiting time, but to be honest, that really was the least of my concerns. All the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly and checked up to see how the meal was going.

After finishing our meal, we were offered the dessert menu, and obviously, we said yes. I was pretty full from my main so my mum and I decided to share the waffles. On the menu, the waffles come as a pair so we had one each, but purely down to how amazing they tasted, I probably could've eaten a ton more of them if I hadn't have been so full! They were once again, cooked to perfection and the ice cream went down a treat when paired with the waffle. 
If you live in the area (Hoddesdon and surrounding) seriously give this place a visit. Even if it's to drop in and have a milkshake at the bar, you won't regret it I promise! Don't forget to check out their Facebook Page for more details on where they're situated as well as a look at the menu!

Have a lovely week everybody, and I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment